Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Get Well Cards

I want to thank each and everyone of you that sent me these beautiful handmade cards. Thank you for thinking of me. Your thoughtfulness and support to me, means more than you can possibly know. I have scanned them all together and I hope I haven't missed anyone. Please keep in mind that my family has been here helping my husband keep everything under control. So things have been quite hectic.

Blessings to you all.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Thoughts

Wow! Where do I start. Now I know why they call cancer the silent killer. I didn't even know I had a problem until I found something very sore on my body. I was the size of a lemon and had spread to my lymph nodes. How the heck did that happen since I had my last mammogram in January and all this took place in July?

Be careful Ladies & Gentlemen because my oncologist says that this kind of breast cancer does not show on a mammogram. The mammogram scores only an 80% at finding all cancers. You are responsible for the other 20%. That means self exam. This has also happened to my 48 year old niece. She also had a double mascetomy in March. I was there helping to care for her little 4 year Chinese boy and all the time I had cancer myself.

My niece and her daughter just completed a 60 mile 3 day walk for breast cancer. I say Hooray for them. And thank you to all who walked.

Please remember folks--it is up to you to discover this kind of cancer yourselves.

More up dates later.