Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

I DID IT!

I survived my three months of Chemo! Yeah me! I think. I am still suffering from the dreaded colon pain that accompanies my chemo treatments, but each day the pain is less and less. I have only had two vicodine today and that is great.

I am very anemic and will be starting some treatment on Monday. If the iron doesn't work I will need a transfusion. My white blood count is low as well but the radiologist says we can begin radiation treatments on Nov 4th. I will be going for treatment 5 days a week for six and a half weeks. How boring. I understand that the worst part of radiation is after about 3 weeks is when the tiredness sets in.

So one hurdle pasted and one to start. I know I would have not been able to make it through this without my Lord Jesus Christ and my husband "the saint". He told me the other day I looked cut without hair. What? My family has been a God send for just being there for me to cry or laugh. And my BFF Lisa Wolf and her daughter (my goddaughter). And and I almost forgot-(how could I)-My church Grabill Missionary Church and my Sunday School class "The Bridgebuilders".

Love comes in all shapes and sizes,an all different kinds of deeds. Open your eyes my friends and see the love.

I have been trying to get a path created in my craft room. (Turning red here)
I want to be able to do some painting in the next few weeks so have to get my easel set up and one end of my craft table set up just for painting. I figure that even if I am very weak I can at least work on the two paintings I have mapped out in my mind.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

It was so good to see you post on TJ and I am enjoying just knowing you can see the improvement again. I know its not over, but that part is done! I can't imagine your relief and your husband's too. What a God send he is there for you and all of the others too.

Barb Hardeman said...

Nancy I'm so proud of you for reaching your first milestone and being so positive about the next step. God never promised us an easy way, but He does promise that He will be with us every step of our journey. I will see you someday my sister, and you wll be so radiant in your robe of righteousness. God bless you dear heart...