Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

You're the Cream in My Coffee



I had so much fun making this card. Once you read what I did to make it you will say "Huh?". Come on now-it was a lot of fun and pushed outside the box. First of all I took old coffee and poured it into a cookie sheet. Then using 67# white card stock, I crumpled it to appear old, then soaked it in the coffee. Once it was fully colored I carefully removed the card stock and laid it out to dry. I added fresh coffee grounds in various patterns and allowed it to soak into the paper. Once totally dry brush off the coffee grounds and cut to size. Add some brown ink to the edges and glue to your card. Using a leftover piece of the coffee paper I painted it with Acrylics to resemble cream swirling in a coffee cup. I used a brown and white paint for the cream. Once dried I added a strip to the front of the card. Underneath the Irish Coffee square I drew a cup of-you guessed it- Irish Coffee. See photos.
If you are thinking about making this maybe you could make yourself a cup of Irish Coffee and who knows what you will turn out with. Emmmmmmmmmmmmm it smells like coffee, too.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Cute and so pretty too! Soft and pretty~

Unknown said...

love your creations! great blog!

Shirley said...

I forgot to tell you last time how clever the little clips are with the cup behind it!