Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rubberbands and Your Brayer

Have you ever tried wrapping rubberbands around your brayer and then rolling it in ink? Well I hadn't so I decided to try something new to me. I used size 16 rubberbands from Alliance. We keep these on hand all the time for whatever. My first sample I wrapped 4 rubberbands around my rubber brayer. Then rolled the brayer in Autumn Terracotta ink from CTMH making sure that I didn't get ink on the edges of the brayer.



I first did long strokes to cover the glossy cardstock with ink then went back and only put ink half way up the cardstock. The stamp set I used is Autumn Memories from Clear Artistic Stamps. The stamp and the background remind me of the book Wind in the Willows.



For my next project I wrapped the same size rubberbands around the brayer and applied Desert Sand ink from CTMH. This time I made sure that the edges of the brayer were heavily coated with ink to create a different background on the glossy cardstock.



In viewing this background I saw some roads crossing and leaves being blown in different directions. So I have the perfect stamp set from Clear Artistic Stamps Whispers in the Woods.

In the fall nature provides us some of the most beautiful colors ever. I created a road lined with beautifully colored trees. I stamped some of the tree tops on plain cardstock and some on patterned cardstock and then cut them out. All of the tree trunks were stamped on desert sand cardstock and cut out.



Try this interesting technique and see what you come up with. Remember each artist has their own interpretation of what they see. Maybe you didn't see a couple of roads and leaves blowing in all directions. What did you see? Leave me a comment and share your thoughts.

1 comment:

Peggie said...

Looks like a fun technique. I'll have to try it.